The “Pietrasecca” viaduct (Ch. 57 + 649 - 44 spans of 42 m each, total length 1,860 m) is located on Motorway A24 Rome - L’Aquila.
The viaduct is characterized by visible deterioration of piers and pier caps (aging concrete, crawl and crocodile cracking, delamination of the concrete cover, reinforcement and stirrups exposed and oxidized). The checking the static and seismic stability have led to plan for the following interventions :
• Hydro-demolition of the damaged concrete up to a thickness of 7 cm;
• Reinstatement of steel bars FeB44K appropriately anchored to the existent;
• Restoration of the concrete cover with premixed fi ber-reinforced cement mortar up to an average thickness of 7 cm;
• Dressing of the restored surface;
• Protective coating based on polyurethane over the entire surface.